Monday, April 28, 2008

Flowers and the background...


When I began this blog, I made a commitment to myself, that I would try to be as honest as possible. So with that, when I tell you that my days can be equally as dark as my light ones, I mean it. I suppose sharing myself on a 'down' day gives it purpose.

I won't go into too much detail, but I got into a fight with someone. I was feeling down this morning, and e-mailed a friend at work. I vented, but not in an angry way, in a 'This is how I am feeling, and this is what I said and did.' kind of way. I waited and waited for a response.( She's busy at work on Mondays.) I felt down. Heavy, more like it. I noticed a thick fog around me. Suddenly, after an hour, I felt better. I had been checking my e-mail often for a response. When I had the 'up' feeling, I checked, and sure enough, there was a response from my friend. I felt supported. That's all I needed. Just a "You did good, and I'm proud of you." I deliberately chose to write about this because it's important for you to know that I have down days, too. Not just happy-miracle days. When I do have these kinds of days, I try to write about what I'm feeling, and use it as a learning tool. Not just for me, but to pass on to my students. 

And it's important to recognize that I felt 'up' before I opened my e-mail. I could sense an energy being given to me. And she's not even Reiki trained!

I added to my upcoming lecture on 'Forgiveness' today. I had the thought that anger is like a fist, clenched until it is numb. Forgiveness is the pain that comes when you open it, but then the deep relief and relaxation that follows. 

Everything happens for a reason. My dark days are usually reminders of the areas of my life that need work. I'm only as strong as my weakest link. 

I chose this picture because these are my hiacynths right now. I'm chosing to focus on the growth and the color; not the yucky dead stuff in the back ground. :- )

I'm feeling inspired now, and I'm happy I chose to push through the way I was feeling and write about it. That makes it a little better, somehow. Thank you for listening.
Have a beautiful day!