Friday, October 9, 2009

Rememberance Service for Ashleigh Love

Through a series of events, I have been asked to be the key speaker for the remembrance service, for Ashleigh Love. She is the young lady that was shot in the face, last week, but an unknown assassin. Her friend Kate, a student of mine, has been taking my weekly insight classes for some time. She organized this event with the idea that a focus on gratitude, and the positive ripples that Ashleigh's life created, will promote healing from within, for all of those that were hurt.

Kate told me that there would be a small group, 5-7 students, that would be attending. Well, as of last night, it was up to 400 people. I'm anxious about the size, but I also know that Spirit has called me to speak words of peace, calm, and healing to a group of very hurting individuals.

I seem to have this propensity for attracting high profile cases. My cousin organized the Columbine Memorial (she lives just a mile from the high school), my sister went to Kaylee's birthday party (the 4 year old that was killed by her mother in Florida), and now this. As if knowing Kate wasn't enough, yet another one of my students was touched by this event, as she works with Ashleigh's aunt. What are the chances? Clearly, Ashleigh wants me involved; and I'm happy to do so.

Years ago, a good friend of mine, was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and was violently shot in the chest; dying instantly. Being from a quiet suburb, this was such a horror, none of us knew how to process it.

I'm grateful that I had that experience; though sorry for the loss. I feel that living through that gave me many spiritual insights that I readily use for situations like these. Perspective is the key to healing, and living, I believe.

The remembrance service will be at 7pm, at Pius High school, this Saturday night. (10-10-09)
I'm not sure how much space there will be; as it's in the school's chapel. Please wish me and Kate luck. This is important. So many people are in desperate need of healing.

2 Comments:

At October 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Arleen said...

Lisa, may light and love surround you and everyone attending this special rememberance. Of course, Ashleigh will be there too.
Arleen

 
At November 8, 2009 at 5:59 PM , Anonymous Tammy said...

Thank you very much for the wonderful speech you did at Ashleighs memeorial service. I, Ashleighs Mom, was not able to bring myself to attend, but was told what an outstanding job you did. Our hearts are broken, but kind people such as yourself, let us feel the love. I can just picture Ashleigh standing there or flying around in there, saying "what, all of this is for me, are you kidding me", that is just the type of person she is. I truly believe that she is around us, we all need to feel her and read her signs. It may help us solve things that are not yet solved. Thank you again, Tammy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home