Monday, May 16, 2011

New Beginnings


It's been over 18 months since my last entry. Much in my life has changed. It's amazing how different I view the world, as a result.

In June of 2010, I decided that I would leave West Grove Clinic. It wasn't until November 30th, 2010, that I was actually out of there. As Co-Executive Director, West Grove Clinic was my passion, and my life. It devastated me to leave, but my business partner and I had very different visions for the clinic's future, and could not reconcile after months of trying. I did spend a brief amount of time at another center; which turned out to be a poor fit for me and my business. Ultimately, it left me self doubting, and frustrated.

In March of 2011, I moved my business home, and began focusing intensively on healing myself.

It has been a powerful and intense journey in which I have seen 15 different modalities to restore and nourish my heart and soul. Easily, my experiences over the past year could have left me jaded, had I not worked on preventing it. So many people in life change for the worse because they allow life to change them. I did not and I will not allow anything to take my innocence away from me. It's too important.

So here I am, back from the dead. ('I will survive' just happens to be playing as I'm writing this!). I am full of ideas and inspiration. During my fatigue and exhaustion I spent a lot of time sleeping and meditating, I explored many thoughts about myself and my future careers. After meeting with my career coach, (Susie Mathews) I have mapped out 10 different business interests going on in my life right now. They are all interconnected, but it's been overwhelming trying to both organize and actually commit to beginning them properly, until now. I just haven't had the energy or inspiration until recently. As I said; it's been a long journey getting to this point. Nearly a year. But I'm back, and I'm back to stay.

This month I am teaching Reiki 1 and Reiki 2 classes, Weekly insights, Advanced Psychic Development, massaging clients in my village-approved home site, and I am eagerly awaiting news from a local University to teach Couple's Massage. I am also working on recording and editing piano music, and creating a meditation CD. My website is updated, and I am hear writing a blog entry. Although many might find all of this overwhelming, I have practiced and work daily at balance. Once I begin creating; I can't stop!

Many of you have asked that I return to blogging. I am honored for the request and will do my best to commit to doing so. What makes my blogs truly interesting and inspiring is your feedback. So don't be shy-I look forward to your responses. Have a beautiful day! Lisa

1 Comments:

At May 16, 2011 at 7:46 PM , Anonymous Elisabeth Waffenschmidt said...

Glad to hear your personal journey is keeping you on track. Your statement about keeping your innocence interested me. Strong willed people seem to out grow innocence because of what life presents to them. Truth and commitment to oneself and loved ones, is something, to me, worth striving for. Personal growth rarely allows us to stay the same. It is very freeing to know we can change, adjust and learn. When we know we can change we know true freedom to achieve our goals. Always good to hear from you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home