Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Radio personality


I contacted a local radio personality, via e-mail yesterday. Every time I listen to him, I think that I should contact him about what I do. It's been a repeated feeling for several weeks, now. Doreen Virtue, Ph.D,  says in 'How to hear your angels', "What piece of Divine guidance have you been repetitively receiving but are ignoring?"
Well, I've been dismissing this nagging feeling because I was feeling "Why on Earth would this person talk to me?" And then it hit me. Because I have something IMPORTANT to say. 
I e-mailed him about me, my blog, and what I teach. To my surprise, he responded! But this is what he typed:
"I have heard of this before and always associated it with Yoga for some reason...thanks for reaching out too, maybe I'll see you in class!"

Initially, I felt the cold prickle of anger. I felt frustrated that he misunderstood what I'm trying to share with him. Yes, I teach Reiki, but I also teach the Law of Attraction, and energy protection, and how to listen to your guides and angels and sooooo much more!

I wrote back a letter explaining this, but then I heard a LOUD high-pitched ring in my ear, and Brian's computer let out an odd, digital 'moan'. "OK," I thought. "there is an incoming message from my guides." I took a deep breath, and relaxed. I deleted everything and closed the e- mail program. Then, I felt a nagging sensation to mention his co-host. That she needs my workshop more than he does. And I felt the need to tell him that I know he wants more than radio. So I did. Maybe it will perk his attention. How do you get a local celebrities attention without sounding desperate?
I thought about myself, and my future. Someone might get my attention by sharing an insight that only I might know. 
So this is what I wrote back:
"Your co-host needs my workshop more than you do. It's about what we attract in life. Maybe you'll forward my website to her; if you are inspired to do so. Thank you for taking time to respond. You are really a gift. P.S. I don't think you'll be on the radio forever. You are meant for greater things, but you know that, don't you?"

I'll let you know if he responds and what he says. 
Have a beautiful afternoon,
Lisa