Saturday, May 10, 2008

A message for Brian and I


Last night, Brian and I attended a unique wedding and reception. The groom and party wore kilts and played bag pipes. It was really a delightful evening. During the reception, a group of 6 people sat with us. As it turned out, one of them went for Reiki treatments in her home town of Boston. Her husband asked me if I could help him with his problems. He didn't tell me what was wrong, and playfully got up, and twirled around. With my eyes, I scanned his energy. I touched 2 points; his right shoulder, and lower right abdomen. I touched the points twice. His wife commented, "She went right to it." 

Apparently, the gentleman's appendix burst a few years back, and he suffered for a full year with complications. I asked him if he had mood issues since then, and his wife abruptly answered, "Yes!"

Of this group, 3 of them knew of Reiki, and one women knew of The Law of Attraction. She was also a massage therapist, like myself, studying from a satellite school of the one I attended, but in Madison. When her son-in-law asked further of the Law of Attraction, she offered him her copy of the movie, The Secret, to borrow. 

Now this was all just quite unbelievable for me.  As if all of the Reiki and Law of Attraction coincidences weren't enough; there was more. It was just yesterday, that we met with Cheryl, our nutritionist, who verified that Brian's appendix scar was weakening his system. Brian has suffered with mood issues since his appendix surgery, 17 years ago. Cheryl explained the research behind this. Apparently, our bodies carry a blueprint and scars re-write it. Sometimes, it's a real problem for people. I have a client that has Alopecia; a hair loss condition. She recently saw Cheryl who tested an old scar from a pool injury as a major weakness in her body. Her hair started falling out shortly after that injury. She was just 14 yrs. old. I, myself, have had digestive problems since my foot surgeries 10 years ago. I can't dismiss this as a coincidence. Not that I ever would.....  :- )

For spirit to place these people beside us, at the wedding, was obviously significant. I was able to introduce Cheryl to the gentlemen I had just 'scanned'. (Cheryl just happened to be there, although not at our table, because her brother was the groom.)

For as often as this happens to me, you'd think I wouldn't be surprised; but I always am. Is the awareness that popular? (The Law of Attraction and Reiki) Or is it just really a living phenomenon? My life feels full of miracles lately. It's really wild. Thanks for letting me share it with you.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mothers and maternal women who read this,
Lisa