Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A scholarship miracle


A good friend of mine applied for financial aid, for her son's schooling. My friend lives a modest life, and assured me that she could pay for the school herself. This may be true, but she's a newly single mother, and had her son attending a private school. With all of the recent changes in his life, it was that much more important that he stay with is friends at his own school. As she wrote out the applicaton, she told me she thought to herself, "This is really an amazing thing; people donate to this school, to help other famililes attend. I can see myself writing out a years full tuition, for one family, and then adding an additional family each year, after that. " Those were her thoughts. She was already giving back with her intention. She had hoped for merely a few hundred dollars of help, if that. 

My friend called me, thrilled, and told me that the school aproved 76% of the $7,000, yearly tuition! What a miracle!

The significance of this event, for me, is that I'm listening to Joe Vitale's, The Missing Secret (http//www.joevitale.com.) 

I just finished a chapter on how he had written a check to a charity; one that emotionally touched him, for $15,000, and then later that day, received $30,000 from and unexpected source of income. He said that as he was writing the check, he really enjoyed the feeling of making a difference for these people. And he knew that money would come back to him, as easily as it was being donated.

The NEW affirmation for all of us is the following: "Every time I spend money, the universe gives me 10x the money in return!"

So.....for every penny you spend, know that more is coming. I can feel and believe this. In the business world, there is a rule; you will receive 10x back the money you put into it. Why can't this apply for every kind of spending?

Those that tithe 10% of their incomes also know this truth. It's a wonderful law of the universe which announces that you trust the abundance that is coming to you. 

So give, spend, and trust! I hope this story inspires you as much as it did for me.
Have a beautiful day.