Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Be still and listen....

During my quest for healing over the past year, I explored HeartMath; a scientific technique to calm the mind, body, and spirit. Arleen Hollenhorst, RN-BC, CEH hooked me up to a computer and had me hold a devise to monitor and control my energy. After learning about what my heart does (scientifically) when I experience negative emotions, she guided me to bring my energy and emotions into a calm and meditative state. I am sure most people experience this calmness and enjoy that feeling, and that is enough. For me, I realized that I if I can calm myself and my spirit quickly, I can channel (hear God/Spirit Guides, etc) almost immediately. And as you know, channeling and receiving spiritual insights is what I am all about!

To practice this on my own, I spend hours during the day in the quiet, or listening to the frogs gently chirping outside my windows. Living in the area that I do, the energy feels pure and alive. It recharges me, and I have come to depend on this to hear my intuition clearly. I must be still, and I must be calm to hear it properly.

A few days ago, I put one of my cats outside. His name is 'Truth' and he is our 'miracle' cat. He was gone for nearly 8 months, and was returned to us on a day when I needed a big miracle (My sister lost her soul mate that day, and it was very traumatic and painful for all of us). Well, a few days ago, I decided that Truth should go back outside. My other cats are indoor/outdoor cats, and Truth had gotten a bit chunky over the winter. Some might question why I did this, and my only answer is that I felt it was simply time for him to go back outside. He had dabbled with going out for a few seconds; but always ran back inside. A few days ago, I put him down and shut the door behind us. He took off running, and he didn't come back. I felt really bad. What had I done?

I made my mind and spirit still and asked, 'Will he come back?' The quiet but direct voice of my intuition answered 'In 2 days'. Well, 2 days later I pulled angel cards in the morning, and the last card I pulled was 'Tenderness' (The last card is meant for the last part of the day). There is an angel petting a cat on that card. Well, Truth did come back at 9pm that night-2 full days; almost to the hour, after he ran away. Why do I share this story? Because I believe that everyone can do this. How much easier life is when you can just ask, 'What is going to happen?' and trust the answer that you hear. Although I was anxious for Truth's return, I knew I could trust my intuition.

So today I ask you; are you trusting and listening to your intuition? What is it telling you? Might your life be easier if you acted on what you are hearing?

I this post finds you peaceful yet inspired. Have a beautiful day.
Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home