Thursday, May 19, 2011

Learn something new

I just learned about tread wear bars on tires. Wow; I never knew about those. The mechanic showed me what mine look like. I now feel empowered to make a choice about when to purchase new tires.  I LOVE learning new things-it's always inspiring. Every time I learn something new, I grow and change.

My personal definition of getting old is "when I cease to change". Change is what life is all about.  Ironically, it's what people fight the most.  I think the idea is that one should be grateful for what they have, at every moment. Enjoy what you have, who you love, what you know, and what you feel because it will change eventually. Doesn't everything change? Isn't that the inevitable? I don't state this to set a tone of anxiety within you, but gratitude.  Just for today, allow yourself to fully absorb all of the wonderful things, feelings, and people in your life.

The best way to ensure that I continue to change is to continue to learn.  There is SO much to learn and know, and experience in this world. Fortunately, too many interests capture my attention. For me, it's all about staying balanced and focused.

At some point this year I plan to work with an astrologer to further develop my skills. I guess that learning astrology and running charts for people will be my version of doing cross word puzzles when I'm older; something to keep me sharp.

If you haven't yet signed up for something new this summer, let this post be an inspiration to you, to do so. Community centers, and the YMCA have multiple choices, for dozens of unique classes, at reasonable prices.  I enjoy hosting my weekly insights and other classes because I always learn from my students. People are our mirrors. If you aren't meeting new people, you are limiting your own personal growth.

Have a great day, and enjoy everything in your life to the fullest. If you are up to it, learn something new. It might just become the new inspiration that you've been searching for.

Lisa

P.S. Please comment on this post if you do sign up for something new to do this summer. Your responses are always inspiring; and you can leave your message anonymously.

1 Comments:

At May 19, 2011 at 6:39 AM , Anonymous Christina Cramblit said...

I am signing up for something new every day, it seems! Digging deeper and deeper. Thats what I am here for. :) This article brought tears of gratitude to my eyes. Thank you so very much for sharing it with me. You are such a blessing. Love you. ~Christina

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home