Saturday, July 23, 2011

Publishing

Today I attended a seminar on 'how to publish and the publishing process'. I feel the need to explain my week before I go any further. I have been hanging onto a business card from Kira Henschel from HenschelHAUS Publishing, Inc.  for a few months now. This week, it was as though the card began to glow. It kept nagging me. Finally, I picked it up and called her. (I had literally been carrying it in my wallet and looking at it, daily, for weeks). After calling her, Kira told me that she had this great seminar coming up in 2 days, and that it would explain all of my publishing questions.

Well, the fee was $140 per person; but if I could find someone to attend with me, it would be just $50 each. I had 1 day notice, by the time I decided I was going. I had no idea where I'd find a person. I would have gladly payed the fee; as it was worth it, but I had to believe that if it was truly meant to be, I would find another person to take it with me.

That night, a student of mine, whom I rarely talk to, contacted me. Just then, I realized that she had talked about writing a book about surviving hospice 3x! She initially said she couldn't come, but I pulled the 'faith' angel card before I went to bed that night. The next morning she e-mailed me and said, 'It's a go!!' I KNOW her attending was pivotal for her life and this book. I can only imagine the lives it will inspire.

I knew I was in the right place because Kira embraced the fact that I brought my essential oils (it helps break up the energy when it gets intense), and she is also a Reiki Master. She appreciated and assisted me in cleaning the energy several times (this is normal when a group of 11 people are in a room for 7 hours-no matter how positive and inspiring the environment!). The dialog within the students floated often to 'The Law of Attraction' and energy healing. Truly, I was in the best possible publishing office in the city. I just can't imagine that most publishing places embrace the holistic the way Kira  Henschel and Steve Duncan did. I was completely comfortable.

As of right now, I believe that I am going to self publish and hire Kira as a consultant. It seems that I am well on my way with books and ideas, and marketing. Today was a birth of sorts for me, and I am eager to see where this path leads me.
Right now, I am working on publishing 9 Reiki Manuals and several other pieces including a couple's massage book. More than ever, today showed me that the difficult journey that I have been on for the past couple years gave me skills and experience that I really needed to be at this point in my life. It feels good, but a little daunting. Step by step, I'm moving forward into my newest endeavor; I'm going to be an author.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home