Friday, June 20, 2008

Is it just me?














Is it just me, or are there a lot of rainbows lately? This one was a double rainbow. Very beautiful. I needed it- the kids were starting to get to me, and I'm a little bit stressed with work this week. It rained in the front yard, but not in the back. Kind of...impossible, right?

I have to make a tiny correction about Alta Mira; Jo Ann is 'Betsy's' supervisor, not boss. And she is the director of marketing, leasing, and advertising, for Horizon.  Horizon is actually the name of the group that runs the 52 sites. But you get the picture.. Jo Ann pointed out that the average person only retains 25% of a conversation. So, I did pretty well, considering!

Tonight, I'd like to talk about my piano. I had it tuned today. A couple years ago, we went to a piano sale. I always wanted a baby grand. The night before we went, there was an Asian pianist, playing a concert on channel 10. His piano was shiny black. I had always wanted a wood colored one until I saw this one. The next day, I fell in love with a black, Asian-made piano. (Kind of a 'ping' from channel 10, the night before)  I tried all of the fancy, named brand ones, but really liked this one.  The sales person described it as 'bright' sounding. To my surprise, it was the cheapest, of the new pianos in there.  I made an offer. I told him that I would pay $6,000 for it. He laughed, but took down my information. 2 days later, he called and asked me if my offer still stood. He re-totaled it with tax and delivery. I declined. I told him $6,000, firm.  To my surprise, he agreed to sell it to me for $5,400, plus tax and delivery. So, $6000. Not a penny over. 

At the time, I had no idea the deal I got. I've had it appraised by 2 piano tuners at $13,500. 

Today, our piano tuner remarked on not only the deal I got, but how unlike the norm, our piano is. Apparently, this particular brand isn't known for it's quality. Where it was made, the standards are different than in America. He has four pianos from the same origin in his shop, and they all went flat with the rain over the past 2 weeks. My piano was so barely out of tune, he hesitated to charge me. Every time he tunes it, he is amazed at it's quality. 

I shared with our piano tuner, that we teach the law of attraction, and Brian and I attract nothing but the best. He smiled at that, and certainly agreed, when it came to this piano. 

I hope the reader is both surprised and intrigued by the mystery of this piano miracle. I mean by no means to brag about it. I have but 2 Earthly possessions that I love dearly; my car and my piano. And I will eventually part with my car. But I would struggle to part with my piano. I write my own music, and my son plays music beautifully on it.

As I rushed off to work, I realized that my first client knows this piano tuner very well. We talked about all of this during her massage session, and I decided to blog it. That's kind of one in a million, right there. She lives 30 min. from my home, and we share the same piano tuner! Neat.

It just goes to show, anything is possible with intention. No matter what it is that you desire. The universe doesn't gage by size, price, or possibility. Isn't it wonderful?