Thursday, June 5, 2008

Big news!



Last night, I went to Alta Mira Senior Apartments. I did some volunteer chair massages, as they hosted an open house for an apartment they were renting out. Keep in mind, I had no idea what this place was, when I agreed to do it. I thought I was massaging seniors at at a community center!

As soon as I walked into the building, I said to the lady I had spoken on the phone with, (a couple of nights ago), "I know why I'm here; I'm going to teach in here!" It was gorgeous...The front room had a large atrium that held 85-100 people. There was a kitchen and counter area, tables that sat 6, several large windows, and mission-style lighting. There was also a courtyard that would be perfect to host outside events. My photos just don't do it justice! (Something told me to bring my camera before I left last night)

Her boss, JoAnn, said that she was impressed with our brochure about the Law of Attraction and Reiki. I said that we intended to build the workshops to 100,s and then 1000's of people. I asked about using the place, and she began thinking about how we could help each other. She gave me such a smile; it's hard to describe.

As it turned out, she ran 52 of these senior community complexes, over a couple states. They hold around 160 apartments for seniors, ages 55 yrs. and older. I didn't think that they would be interested in Reiki, but the first person I worked on knew all about it. He was a grateful gentlemen who explained he had seen a program about Reiki on cable. He loved his Reiki massage, and took a card. JoAnn also knew of Reiki. One of her apartment managers, in Franklin, is really into it. JoAnn hopes I can offer workshops and seminars in there complexes, all over the area (and possibly other areas), to draw in people to see their senior housing communities. 

There were so many 'pings' last evening, I'm not sure where to start. The other massage therapy place I was 'covering' for, ended up showing. A grand total of less than 5 people came to the open house. I'm sure due to the fog. But also because, I believe, we were meant to market and brainstorm with each other about possibilities. The other massage therapist was actually a chiropractor that did trigger point work. Both she and her marketer were interested in my workshop. It is possible that we will create an informational day, hosted within the complex. 

JoAnn's first goal locations included Delafield, Franklin, Menomonee Falls, and possibly Burlington. She was just as excited as I was. Her final words to me were, "Be creative!" Meaning, create unique and fascinating events to draw in the community. I can do that!

So that's my big news. I'm intending on hosting the next Reiki sharing there; either this month or next. I meet with the manager of the Menomonee Falls complex next week to talk about dates and more possibilities. 

I'm SO excited I could hardly sleep! 52 locations in Wisconsin and Iowa!! So many possibilities!
Have a great day-I'll keep you posted,
Lisa