Sunday, September 14, 2008

The chicken dance


I believe that the way to find happiness, every day, is to be spontaneous. This isn't always easy, but it has something to do with allowing inspired energy to move through you, without resistance

I just stumbled across a website called 'Angel wings astrology', while looking for workshop supplies. There was a blog question on there, and it read as follows:

"If meditation is not possible in every days life, is there any other way to be happy?" (this is how it is written)

This is really significant to me, because I'm writing a workshop on the difference between soul-full and worldly happiness, and maintaining it. It's a big subject, and I have much more research to do. However, I'd like to share some of my most recent insights, and a couple of examples with you. 

Last night, we made Cornish hens for the first time, with my 3 and 5 year old boys. We are all quarantined with colds, this weekend. I'm not sure what came over me, but I found Lawrence Welk's chicken dance on U-TUBE, and we did the chicken dance for our kids. (Brian included)
I know, I know, it's official: We are NERDS! That, or REALLY committed parents. Either way,
 it was fun and hilarious.  We all felt a little better. 

I've been pulling the 'spontaneity' angel card over the past 3 days. No matter from what deck, and even digitally. 'There are NO ACCIDENTS'. (I heard that in Kung Fu Panda, and Star Wars, recently).  :- ) 

I know this, but it's nice to hear out loud; even if it's from a movie.

'Spontaneous', according to the 'Angel Card Book, means, "The ability to act appropriately and without hesitation in an unplanned moment. Follow your intuitive promptings and explore the full spectrum of your creativity". People are always talking about 'being in the now'. I find that applying spontaneity brings in God-force energy; which allows you to be completely in the moment. 

About a week ago, I was on the lake fishing, with my nephew. After awhile,  Brian came out to the boat on the jet ski, and offered to take me to shore for a little while.  I have to laugh, because I actually climbed onto the jet ski, from the boat, (with pants on, not a swim suit), which rapidly began to sink, and then the engine sputtered and failed! OH MY GOSH it was thrilling! Of course we were safe, but there was a real fear of getting wet! My pants were soaked past my ankles.  Eventually, Brian got the engine going, and then we sped across the lake, to the cottage. Brian also gave me a ride back out, in which I climbed back into the row boat, from the jet ski.   It was really, really fun, and spontaneous. And oddly, I think it was some of the most fun I had all summer. It's a story to remember, however small. There was a real life thrill within those moments that was both unpredictable and alive. These are the moments that give us insight. These are the moments that make us feel alive. It is very hard to create these moments intentionally. Usually, they come from a feeling of sudden inspiration to act out of character. I followed that instinct in each of my examples. However ridiculous they seemed, and they lead me to genuine happiness.

I am hoping this blog, in particular, motivates some of you to take more risks. I currently have a student who shared that the reason she is taking one of my classes is because she 'Never does anything out side of her comfort box'. 

What if we all stepped outside of our 'normal' once in awhile?
Life might be more fun.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home