Monday, August 18, 2008

A really neat connection

I have been enjoying the last of the summer with my children and husband. Although it's been fun, I'm just about ready for them both to be in school/programs for part of the day. :- )
There are two things I'd like to share in this blog. 
The first is something I experienced with my children while we were touring a local camp and pre-school for Ian. Nevin said he was 'just a little bit afraid with all of the people around us' (they were hosting camp while we toured). I told him that I thought is was very normal to feel a little anxious around new people and new places. A few minutes later, I saw him with his arm around his little brother saying, "Don't worry Ian, I'll be with you every step of the way." 
:- )
Nevin found his strength and courage in appointing himself Ian's supporter. I was reminded that fear can be transformed when we choose to model courage because we love someone. It was very sweet to witness.

The second thing I'd like to share is about an amazing networking event I attended at Phantom Lake, in Mukwonago. My mother's boss, Fred (and his wife, Pat) own a home out there. It was pure magic. Perhaps the best part of the event, amongst the pontoon ride, food, wine and cigars was the soul-full connections I made with others. Specifically a couple named Di and Gary. Within 10 minutes of my arrival, she came right up to me and said, "Hello Lisa." To my surprise, she knew me, and knew all about me. You see, she co-teaches some of my mother's workshops and knew about my Law of Attraction workshops. She also had gone onto my website, and on my blog, and knew me from my picture. It's always a shock, and incredibly humbling,  when people tell me they are reading my blog. Anyway, we chatted and I told her I was looking for space in Elm Grove. She said, " I know that. And I know you looked at a space at Studio 890 recently." I was shocked. 

Now, she could have read that on my blog, but I sensed there was something else. She shared that while she was checking out a space, the guy who did the showing (also named Gary), had my business card on his clipboard. While he took a phone call, she read the card and immediately thought 'Oh, neat, he's into Reiki', and then she read it closer, and saw my name. It was then that she put together that I was Ellen's daughter, and all of the things she had heard about me from my mother.  I'm not sure if she went on my site before or after that. Any which way, it was another hard ping about Studio 890, for me. The way the universe works, it could mean that I am supposed to pay attention to this connection with Di, I'm supposed to use that space, and/or both. 

I've decided that I'd like a second showing. Perhaps I could share this space with other people who wish to host workshops. Should I take this space, they will remodel it so that it is open concept, with an enclosed body work room at the back. It should comfortably hold 15-20 students. 

During my exploration for new space, I have made some wonderful connections. There is a group out on Bluemound that has open discussion groups about the Law of Attraction. There is also a store in Elm Grove called Angel Light LLC that sells crystals, reiki supplimental items, and more. I really enjoyed speaking with the owner, Sherry, and her employee, Tracy. Very nice folks in that shop. 

When I do find my new location, I've decided to host a large open house/networking event, so that everyone can get to know everyone. This event on Phantom lake was incredibly affective for me. I made several professional connections with lawyers, psycho- therapists, and a psychiatrist. All of them were open to Reiki, and The Law of Attraction. It was incredibly inspiring and ful-filling for me. The world is really changing more and more for me. 

I have asked Di and her husband Gary to dinner with Brian and I. Their energy felt like a big sister and big brother. It was significant that I met them; I'm sure of that. Perhaps there is a future with us in the business world, or perhaps it is more friendship related. Either way, it's exciting a new to meet such wonderful people.