Sunday, August 3, 2008

Lessons in surrender


It's been a long time since I've blogged. Last week Friday, I was going to send out an invite for my next Intro classes, and then I noticed my e-mail, blog, and website were down. I was having my web host transferred to a different one. Little did I know, it would take a week for everything to be up again. I was SO frustrated because I couldn't warn people and communicate that I would be unavailable for an uncertain amount of time. I had a feeling that I wouldn't be able to teach classes at my current location again. And I didn't want to, but needed a place to host my workshops. My e-mail being down prevented me from sending out invites for the upcoming class on Aug. 4Th. To confirm that indeed I am not supposed to teach on that day, my landlord called and asked if he could resurface the parking lot on that day. It was yet another sign I'm not supposed to teach there anymore. I've had several other signs, as well. 

I had pulled the angel card 'surrender' that Friday from one deck; 'surrender' on Saturday from another deck, and then later that day, my website guy said that he's learned somethings in life you can change, and what you can't, you have to just 'surrender'. WOW! I guess the universe wanted me to take the week off!

I'm still looking for a new location for Universal Healing. Usually, these places just come to me. Either the time isn't right, or I'm missing some kind of sign. I think it will come when it's supposed to. 

As for Alta Mira, I haven't heard from them. I even sent an e-mail. But before my reader is disappointed, I'd like to explain what I feel everything was really about. When I first started my intro classes, they were created for the Hartland Community Center. The director chose me from 11 pages of Google Reiki Masters. I was her 3rd choice, and the only one who answered. She chose me because she liked my name, Lisa. Her sister had the same name. 

Anyway, I created an 'Intro to Reiki' class, just for them. My first class was huge, and then not a single student after that session. I tried 2 sessions after that, and nothing. I feel I was supposed to merely create the class format that I did, which evolved into Reiki and the Law of Attraction classes.  I have since taught, monthly, for 18 months. It's been a terrific workshop that would not have happened if not for Hartland. I was just supposed to create a new way to teach. And I did.

Now, Alta Mira... Well, I loved that evening. I was able to create a multi-media presentation for a large audience; something I had never done before. I was also aware of a group of people that would be interested in supporting me in further workshops, as assistants.

Because of this event, I am writing an 'Angel Helper' series. This series of classes will be my most challenging task yet. I am attempting to teach a small group of people how to do what I do. And that would be something that I never thought possible to teach: listening to their angels, guides, seeing energies, setting the room in light, and trusting premonitions. My hopes are to take this group to the highest level I know of. Perhaps they will teach and travel with me in the future.

Were it not for the opportunity at Alta Mira, I wouldn't know how comfortable I feel in front of a large audience. Conquering that fear was liberating for me, in a way that is difficult to put words to. It brought me to another level.
 
The manager of Alta Mira called 3 massage therapists to do volunteer massages, that fateful night I first met her; I was the 3rd, and only one to answer her call. 

It was all meant to happen. We never know why until much later. Such is life. 

As for now, I'm just eager to find a space to teach and create. I think the universe is trying to give me some kind of a break, or vacation from all of this. For the moment, I'm just enjoying the summer days and nights with my family. All too soon, Nevin will be in his new school, and gone 8-9 hours a day. 
I'll write soon.