Monday, October 6, 2008

Writing a book

Last night I saw a really neat movie called 'October Sky'. It's a story about a high school boy whose passion was building rockets. It took place in the 60's, (I think). He lived in a coal mining town, and that was what everybody did. His dad was the head of it, and wanted very much for him to mine coal for a living as well. His father didn't support what he wanted to do. The boy ended up winning the national science fair, a college scholarship, and building rockets for a living. In the end, his father supported him.

This movie hit home for me because although they support me now, members of my immediate family made fun of my psychic abilities and interests when I lived at home. I wonder if it's a prerequisite to have un-supportive family members to truly succeed in this world? I think you have to listen hard enough to your inner voice, push past what everyone else says is possible, and then do it. 

In all fairness, my immediate and extended family members have shown me spiritual and emotional support over the past year.  That alone proves anything is possible. :- ) It certainly has given me a new perspective; challenging me over the years has only made me stronger. And for that, I am grateful.

After the movie, I channel-surfed and landed on a show (I think it was Brothers and Sisters?) Anyway, one of the actresses mentioned that she 'accidentally' wrote a book about being on the campaign trail with her husband. Apparently, she took notes on her life, and then sent it to a friend of hers, who put the notes into chapters, and made a book. 

I need one of those people!! I have so much good stuff. So much that I don't/can't blog, but could publish.  I have really neat stories about manifesting, premonitions, and more. Too much to blog. I know I saw that show for a reason. There are no accidents.

I want to blog about a nagging premonition. When I 'ask' about if we are to move or stay in this house, I keep seeing OCTOBER 10TH, in bold, in my head. I'm not sure what that is about, but I'm thinking it will make sense on that day. I noticed it's a Friday. 

That's all for this morning. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home