Sunday, October 19, 2008

Trusting my instincts

Today, I went to the Pumpkin farm with my Dad and his girlfriend. Later in the afternoon, I had this sinking feeling of anxiety. It was really strong, and almost invasive. I went to pull an angel card, for insight, and the 'surrender' card flew out to the dish as I was mixing them up. I took this as a sign that I was suppose to just 'let go,trust, and wait'. My anxious feeling was familiar, although I couldn't place it. I told my Dad's girlfriend and Brian about it. I figured it might be that Brian hadn't called his brother, to remind him of his birthday, as of yet. But that wasn't it. The feeling remained, even after he called.

Awhile later, Brian noticed that our mailbox was knocked over. This is bizarre; it had rusted completely through, broken at the base, and fallen over. This is, of course, no big deal; but I immediately knew this was my anxious feeling. I then remembered that I had a feeling just like this one, 3 years ago. All day, I had this sinking feeling that something was going to happen to me and my family. I wasn't sure exactly what it was.  I waited all day; nothing happened. At midnight, I went to sleep and almost mockingly, said to myself, "See, nothing happened!". Well, 30 minutes later, I awoke to complete silence and blackness, in our home. The power was out. Shortly after, I heard sirens. We were all accustomed to white noise, so in the piercing silence, they were loud. At the time, I didn't have the flashlights unpacked,(we had just moved in) so I went room to room with an aim 'n flame, trying to calm the children and figure out what was happening.  Someone had drove into a power line that had some kind of black-out affect in my neighborhood. The power came back on in 2 hours. It was really no big deal. Certainly not warranted to my anxiety all day. Mostly, it turned out to be very validating for me and my intuition. 

Why am I sharing this? Because today, I sensed that my protective-parameters were invaded.I keep a protective bubble around my rooms, home, and land.  And the feeling I had today, was the same feeling I had 3 years ago. You see, the language of intutition is one of feelings and images. It has few or no words. I must match my feelings to a series of templates that might equate to a possible scenario. Today, I learned that the feeling I had involved something with my home and family; and that it wasn't that big of a deal. 

I had another feeling to this, similar, last year. I had the urge to really secure the house before bed. I felt invaded somehow. That night, a bunch of teenagers vandalized Holy Hill. I live in the area. Do you remember hearing about it in the news? 

I told Brian that he can help me with this in the future by asking me about my sinking feeling. He could ask, "Is it like when the mailbox fell over? Or, is it like the night before 9-11?"-(I had a BIG feeling that particular night; curled in the fetal position, on the couch, in Brian's arms...)

I shared this with my Dad's girlfriend because, being as I blog, I'm feeling much more confident about sharing my premonitions. Something always happens, when I feeling. How I wish everyone were as brave about sharing their instinctive feelings in the world. I wonder how many accidents would be prevented and how many positive insights might be shared?

Until then, I'm hoping that putting myself out there, as openly as I can, is inspiring some of you to trust yourselves more. 

I'm wishing love and light to every single one of you tonight. 
Have a peaceful evening.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home