Friday, November 21, 2008

How Thoughtful


My son and I have created a fun and special activity on the mornings that we have time; coffee and cocoa at a local coffee shop. This morning, we got our drinks, and a large rice crispy bar, and headed off to a small table to play checkers. It was so much fun, and so completely in the moment. We played, laughed, and just enjoyed each other. About 15 minutes into it, a man sitting next to us got up, leaned over, and said, "Keep up the good work." He stared intensely into my eyes; no smile. I was caught a little off guard, but really appreciative of his words. I said, "Thank you. I will."

I actually thought for a moment that he was thanking me for teaching my son to play checkers. (It was morning and I wasn't quite on top of things.)  But then I realized that he might have been inspired to pay me a compliment for being a good Mother. That really made my day. I sometimes hear that I'm a good teacher, of which I am humbled by; but I don't often hear that I'm a good Mother. As he walked away, I wondered what he was thinking about, sitting quietly next to us, while we played our game. I wondered if he thought about his own child hood, and his mother. Or maybe his own children? I'm not really sure. I guess I'm just grateful that by the Law of Attraction, we were sitting next to each other. It's no coincidence who we are in close proximity to.  A little compliment goes a long way. It really was the icing on the cake to a perfect morning. I used that positive energy to heal and inspire 2 new clients this morning. I hope where ever that gentleman is today, that he's having a warm and thoughtful day.

I'm a big believer that if you have an inspired thought, you should share it. Especially if it's with a perfect stranger. You never know the ripples of light, or warm fuzzies it might create for them and their day. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home